According to the studies, certain health promoting agents of soy play vital role in promoting skin health. Research shows eating soy or soy products may help to heal sun damage and improve the skin’s structure and firmness. So, it’s a very effective anti-wrinkle food.
Getting Beautiful Skin Naturally: The Home Remedies
How do you go about selecting the right moisturizer from among the umpteen choices before you? Here are some handy tips on picking the right kind of moisturizer for your skin.
Check Out the Common Causes of Hair Loss
If you’ve noticed a few hair on your pillowcase or caught in the shower drain, don’t despair. In many cases, hair loss is entirely treatable. So no need to panic! But before you treat the hair lose problem, you should know what is the cause behind the hair fall. In this article, find out some possible and common causes of hair loss.
20 Simple Tips to Stay Fit: Quick and Easy!
If your goal is to stay fit and healthy then you need to follow a fitness routine. Stay fit can be simple if you are serious about your health and ready to follow some simple tips. Here are some simple tips that can be helpful to stay fit and healthy.
Anti-aging Secrets - How to Look Young
If you want to be young forever then this dream of yours is not going to fulfil ever! Sad but true- you cannot run away from the aging process. Someday you have to face it because it’s the rule of the nature. But the good news is you can stay younger for a long time. That means you can manage to look younger than your actual age.
Monday, 22 April 2013
Tuesday, 2 April 2013
10 Best Health Foods:
Spreads and oils provide essential fats but these are only needed in very small amounts. Choose low fat and reduced fat spreads andoils such as rapeseed or olive oil (monunsaturated) instead of hard margarine, lard or butter. All oils contain some amount of calories, so measure out the oil, don’t just pour it onto the pan.
Thursday, 28 March 2013
Best Herbs to Lose Weight:
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is a great herb for boosting your metabolism and stabilizing burning and digestion of fat. It is also very good for reducing LDL cholesterol and controlling blood sugar levels. Cinnamon is one of the best herbs for weight loss.
- Ginseng: It's a plant tuber that is known for various medical properties. Ginseng, especially Panax ginseng provides strong weight loss benefits. You can add ginseng to your weight loss plan as this will boost energy levels and speed metabolism. This herb will make you more energetic and that’ll help you to do physical activities or exercise regularly.
- Hoodia: This herb helps reduce cravings and allows you to cut calories without feelings of deprivation. So, for this ability to reduce the appetite, hoodia is considered a very effective herb for weight loss.
- Dandelion: Dandelion is very nutritious with lots of fiber and beta carotene. It promotes the digestion of fats and oils and gives relief from digestive problems. Dandelion tea is a great herbal drink for weight loss.
- Ginger: Ginger is known for anti-inflammatory properties and it's wonderful for improving metabolism. It also reduces the rates of gastric secretions. Ginger and ginger tea improve metabolism and that helps burning the fat.
- Turmeric: It is known for anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anti-cancer properties. Turmeric contains a polyphenol called curcumin, which is responsible for weight loss. Curcumin inhibits the growth of fat tissues thus aids in weight loss.
- Cumin: Like Ginseng, Cumin also helps to boost the energy levels and improves digestion process. Cumin herb is a very important entry to this list of weight loss herbs. Cumin seeds contain fat burning properties and they improve the absorption of nutrients by the body. Cumin is certainly one of the best herbs to lose weight.
- Fennel: A Fennel seed improve digestive health and in this way promotes weight loss. It is a very effective herb for weight loss.
- Cayenne Pepper: Cayenne pepper is one the best natural weight loss remedies. According to the experts, cayenne pepper helps to burn calories and also suppresses the appetite. It is also a very good herb for lowering blood fat levels.
- Damiana: This is a shrub especially found in Mexico and rest of the South America. The leaves of this shrub are known for medicinal properties. Damiana promotes internal cleansing, improves digestive system and thus helps in weight loss.
A good weight loss diet should be including yoga and reduction of sweet, sour, salty, oily and greasy foods. Lots of herbs in the diet are important for good digestion because the herbs trigger the digestion process. You must eat more green leafy vegetables and fresh fruits, avoid the red meat and eat skinless white turkey or chicken breast meat instead.
Thursday, 7 March 2013
- Almond Oil: Almond oil is a hundred percent natural ingredient for skin care and it is made from ripe kernel of the fruit. Almond oil is rich in Vitamin A, E & D, also highly rich in linoleic and oleic acids. Almond oil is an excellent skin lubricant and a great natural ingredient for glowing skin. This natural oil is used in various beauty products such as creams, lotions, massage oil and facial cleansers. Almond oil contains anti-aging properties; it inhibits skin blemishes and enhances the health of your skin. It is a very effective oil for getting youthful complexion and glowing skin. So, Almond oil is one of the best natural ingredients for skin care.
- Castor Oil: Castor oil is one of the most effective natural oils and it is known for strong medicinal properties. It is an excellent oil for making the skin smooth and glowing. It is the most important ingredient for anti-aging cream. Castor oil provides protection from UV rays as well. It works very well as a natural sun screen. Castor oil is particularly very effective in dry conditions. It’s a natural medicine for cure acne as well.
- Honey: Medicinal properties of honey not only improve the skin health externally but also they keep the skin healthy internally. Regular intake of honey improves haemoglobin level and blood circulation. It also helps to purify the blood. These activities are essential for having glowing and healthy skin. In addition, honey contains alpha hydroxy acids which are very helpful for increasing elasticity of the skin and removing dead cells from the skin. Honey can make the skin soft and silky. Not to forget- honey contains strong anti-septic properties which reduces skin blemishes significantly.
- Cocoa Butter: Cocoa butter is a natural product that is used for lubricating and protecting the skin. It is also used to cure skin blemishes. Cocoa butter is an excellent emollient, highly rich in Vitamin E and very effective for dry skin. Many beauty soaps and creams are made of cocoa butter. It is one of those inexpensive but highly effective natural ingredients for skin care.
- Turmeric: Turmeric contains antioxidant, anti-bacterial and anti-allergic properties. It is a great natural ingredient to get glowing and fair skin. Turmeric enhances the colour and complexion of the skin. It reduces the traces of pigmentation, maintains healthy elasticity of the skin and balances a good skin tone. Turmeric reduces facial hair growth and makes the skin soft & smooth.
The application of fresh orange juice has also been found to be valuable for a glowing complexion. Properly cleaned fingers should be dipped in pure orange juice and applied liberally over face, chin, neck and forehead regularly.
- Papaya: If you use papaya it will help you to reduce the effect of stress and strain of the skin. It is a strong antioxidant fruit and also rich with exfoliative agents. Raw papaya juice is excellent for curing skin infections, pimples and other skin blemishes. Papaya is a fantastic natural ingredient for skin care as it promotes healthy complexion and lightens the skin as well. Papaya enhances the skin health on both ways - internally and externally.
- Nutgrass: Nutgrass is also known as coco grass and Cyperus rotundus. It is an important part of traditional Chinese medicine and Ayurveda. Nutgrass roots are often used in herbal cosmetics. This natural ingredient maintains the lustre and the smoothness of the skin. Nutgrass is also used to treat various skin diseases. It has anti-aging properties and skin lightening properties. It also moisturizes the skin and makes it smooth & soft. Nutgrass is a very important natural ingredient for skin care regime.
Friday, 1 March 2013
According to the experts, toxic overload contributes to serious health problems including neurological disorders, inflammatory diseases and autoimmune diseases. Therefore, it is important to have a good detox diet which will boost the internal cleansing process and help body to function properly. So, what are the best foods for detox or what is the best detox diet?
Symptoms of Excess Toxins in the Body –
Benefits of Detoxification –
Best Foods for Detox - The Best Detox Foods to Cleanse Your Body
- Apple: Apple is rich in fiber, folate, Vitamin A and Vitamin C. Also, provides calcium, iron, potassium and phosphorous. Apple is one of the best foods for detox. Conventional nutrients and flavonoids in apple help you to detoxify the body. Apple detox diet is very famous and it is considered very effective as well.
- Lemon: Lemon and lemon water play crucial role in cleansing the toxins of the body. Lemon helps to produce the bile necessary to properly digest food. Drinking lemon water in the morning on empty stomach boosts the detoxification process of your body.
- Beetroots: Beetroot is another very effective food for detox. It contains important phytochemicals and other nutrients which are essential for cleansing blood and liver. In addition, beetroot fights infections and maintains good acid-alkaline balance (pH) which is necessary for detoxification.
- Garlic: Garlic is undoubtedly one of the best foods for detox. The high sulfur content in garlic helps tremendously in the detoxification process. Also, garlic contains anti-bacteria, anti-viral and anti- septic properties, which are very helpful to clear out toxins from the body.
- Ginger: Just like garlic, ginger is a very effective detox food. This herb helps to get rid of free radicals and protects body from harmful agents. Ginger tea is a wonderful herbal drink that can help you to get rid of toxins and chemicals.
- Green Tea: Anti-oxidant properties and catechins in green tea improve the liver function and remove waste from the body. Other herbal teas which are part of best detox diet are including cardamom tea, dandelion tea, rosemary tea and peppermint tea.
- Green Leafy Vegetables: Dark green leafy vegetables kale, spinach, turnip greens, mustard greens and collards are strong sources of antioxidant properties. They help to alkalize the blood and strengthen the digestive tract. These vegetables are very important for the detoxification of the body.
- Fiber and Vitamin C Fruits: Fruits rich in fiber and Vitamin C are essential for detox diet. Citrus fruits such as oranges, grapefruits, lemons and limes are highly responsible for detoxifying the body. Other fruits that are part of best detox diet including berries, papaya, kiwi fruits, melons, peaches and red grapes. Cucumber is also a great fruit for detoxification.
- Cabbage: Cabbage is good for your liver and it helps significantly in detoxification process. Like cabbage- cauliflower and broccoli are also good for cleansing the body.
- Seeds and Nuts: Nuts & seeds such as almond, walnuts, flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds and sunflower seeds are very good foods for detox.
- Whole Grain Products: Quinoa, millet, buckwheat and oats are great for detoxifying the body. These foods are rich in antioxidant and dietary fiber and that’s why they provide strong detoxification support to the body.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids Oils: Olive oil, flaxseed oil, hemp oil, chia oil and coconut oil are excellent for internal cleansing of the body. These omega 3 fatty acids rich oils are definitely a part of best detoxification foods.
- Water: Drink plenty of water. Drinking two or more liters of water per day helps to cleanse kidney and liver. A sufficient amount of water is also needed for good digestive system. Water detoxifies your body, boosts your metabolism, clears skin and helps you to lose weight. Always use purified or filtered water.
- Other Detox Foods: Other foods which are safely part of the best detoxification foods /diet are sea vegetables, legumes, fish like salmon & mackerel, honey, cherries green beans and coconut water.
One of the best ways to increase your metabolic activity is to simply use your body. Daily exercise has innumerable benefits including building lean muscle mass which helps you burn more calories at rest. Consider jumping on a mini trampoline for 3-5 minutes a day to give a boost to your health and vitality. Sweating also releases toxins.
Foods to be avoided during Detox –
- Soy Products
- Fizzy drinks
- Ice Cream
- Artificial Sweetener
- Foods Contain Wheat
- Milk and Milk Products
Wednesday, 20 February 2013
Cashew Nuts Nutrition -
Pantothenic Acid or Vitamin B5
Pyridoxine or Vitamin B6
- Thiamin or Vitamin B1
- Riboflavin or Vitamin B2
- Vitamin E
Calories in Cashew Nuts
Cashew Nuts Benefits for Heart Health
- The two great things about cashew nuts are they are rich in heart healthy monounsaturated fats and they have lower fat content than any other nuts. Three-fourth of their fat is unsaturated fatty acids which are highly rich in heart healthy oleic acid. Oleic acid is a colourless oily liquid, also a major fatty acid in olive oil and canola oil. Oleic acid is very good for lowering LDL (bad) cholesterol levels and reduces the chances of heart attacks and arteriosclerosis.
- Monounsaturated fats in cashew nuts can lower the levels of triglyceride. As you know triglyceride is associated with the increased chances of developing heart disease. Nuts are normally high in antioxidants and cashews are no exception. High antioxidant content in cashew nuts makes them a good cardio protective food. So, cashews have the ability to reduce the chances of developing cardiovascular and coronary heart diseases. It is a good idea to eat cashew nuts in moderation daily to get the cardiovascular benefits.
- Cashews are rich in magnesium and copper. Copper is very important to keep the right cholesterol levels. Inadequate amounts of copper can raise LDL (bad) cholesterol and lower HDL (good) cholesterol levels. Lack of copper in the body can lead to irregular heartbeat. Magnesium is helpful in controlling high blood pressure levels. Magnesium also helps in preventing heart attacks.
- Cashew nuts are very important for reducing the risk of coronary heart disease. High antioxidant contents in cashew nuts play important role in cutting down the risk of developing coronary heart disease. According to the medical experts, a handful of cashew nuts 4 times a weak can reduce the risk of cardiovascular and coronary heart disease significantly.
- Cashew Nuts contain l-arginine, an amino acid that helps keep blood flowing smoothly through the blood vessels. It can slow the formation of blood clots and reduce the clogging of arteries.
- Soluble fiber in cashew nuts is quite useful for promoting heart health. It helps to reduce the cholesterol levels in the blood stream.
The best way to eat cashew nuts is in their natural, un-blanched state but you can also choose to eat them lightly toasted without any added oils. To obtain maximum heart health benefits from cashew nuts eat them four or five times a week.
Friday, 15 February 2013
The Scottish scientists who have made the ground-breaking discovery claim the spice could be part of the answer to curbing Scotland’s obesity epidemic. According to these experts, ginger compounds help break down fatty acids in food, which are then disposed of by the body rather than being stored as fat. This process helps not to gain weight and lose weight as well.
Know more about Health Benefits of Ginger Tea and Side Effects